What is a Machine Room ?
Category : Construct
The machine room includes all the filtering system components.
Let's talk machine rooms!
- Distance to the pool: ideally between 3.5 and 10 m
- Height above water level: + 30cm to + 50 max or supported (but risk of flooding)
- Accommodation capacity : 1.5 x 2 m to 2x3m for:
Pump + filter, pipework including suction + discharge manifolds, the bypasses (treatment, heating) for the equipment to be installed or added at a later date (think of the equipment market = work for the future).
Think about maintenance and easy access to the equipment.
- Materials Needed:
- A concrete floor
- A sufficiently wide door to replace the filter
- Sufficient power supply: pool equipment (filtration, type of heating?) + equipment such as lighting, power outlets, if the machine room is detached from the house (chalet, pool house)
- Useful water supply facilities: backup tank, dissolution of products, cleaning
- Ground ideally drained via a PVC ground plug
- Ventilation imperative: to avoid corrosive environments (chemical products that evaporate) and overheating.
The network incoming pipework are protected against frost up to the machine room (-80cm)
The incoming pipework is not embedded into the slab (spare) and will be filled with gravel or packed once the room has been built to facilitate the work.
Identify the suction and discharge points with a marker pen (RFT, BDF, BAL, SK, CAP)
Buried machine room
Buried or semi-buried machine rooms
In the case of a remote pool - no room in the garage ...
For installing a standard filtering system in a small space.
- Empty or equipped
Be careful when performing the installation, many disputes have arisen
- Install on slab or stabilised bed
- Rigid vertical piping and not flat
- Backfill with 10-14 gravel
- Provide support under the pump
More Maintenance Tips
Opening Your Pool: An Easy to Follow Guide
When spring is finally here and as the temperatures begin to climb, it’s time to think about getting the pool area ready for the warm weather. Opening a pool is now easier than ever and with a few simple steps, you can be ready to enjoy your pool in no time!
The Location of Your Pool: An Essential Choice
Before starting construction, it is essential to think about the installation of your pool with the help of a pool professional because it is difficult to undo such a choice. The planning stage before the project makes it possible to understand the location, terrain, exposure to wind and sun, and many other important factors.