Sandglass: Filter glass
Sandglass is eco-friendly and provides excellent performance. Filter glass is more effective than sand and can be used in any sand filter. The main advantages are:
- More efficient
- Removes 30% more impurities, saving on backwashes and consequently on water, energy and chemical treatment costs.
- It is less sensitive to biological pollution. As the product is heat-treated, the surfaces are smooth and require less chemical treatment to eliminate pollutants.
- Lower sand weight/volume ratio, requires 20% less material to fill the same space in the filter.
- It does not degrade, so it has a longer life.
- It is also suitable for use in public installations.
Zeolytic mineral (> 1-2 mm) obtained from a careful selection of a family of 40 different types of minerals, its degree of purity is equal to 80-85%. Given these characteristics it is therefore recommended for use with normal sand filters, because, unlike normal silica sand, it has a filtering surface area 400% larger,
Under appropriate operating conditions, it reduces filter backwashing by up to 70%.