The Benefits of the Sauna
Category : Maintenance
Are you tired, stressed by your daily life? Do you need to relax? So why not offer yourself a moment of escape and well-being in a traditional or infrared sauna!
Saunas are steam rooms that are a very popular method of self-care in Scandinavian countries. Unlike hammams, which produce a humid heat, saunas diffuse dry heat (70-80 and 100°C). This high heat is produced from volcanic stones heated in a stove. A true source of well-being and relaxation, a steam bath is also particularly beneficial for your health.
Saunas have purifying properties, perfect for eliminating stress and toxins from your daily life. Sauna bathing is a privileged moment of relaxation for both body and mind. The sauna’s comforting heat waves will lead to perspiration, which helps to open your pores and cleanse your body.
A sauna session can provide multiple benefits, including:
1. Provide an anti-stress and relaxing experience:
- By soothing tensions and calming nerves.
- By reducing stress.
- By releasing endorphins that promote sleep and relaxation.
- By reducing general fatigue.
2. Relieve muscle pain, rheumatism, osteoarthritis, pain and stiffness:
- By quickly relieving muscle pain and cramps and other aches and pains.
- By reducing joint stiffness.
- By soothing and relaxing muscles after a workout.
- By relieving and attenuating inflammatory rheumatism related to osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- By preventing and reducing joint pain, muscle tension and fibromyalgia.
- By oxygenating the muscles and the body.
3. Help strengthen your immune system:
- By promoting blood circulation (effect of hot and cold).
- By strengthening immune protection. Heat promotes the increased production of white blood cells and antibodies to fight disease. If you bathe in the sauna regularly, it will even protect against epidemics of influenza and other viruses.
4. Stimulate blood pressure and the cardiovascular system:
- By reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- By helping to keep blood pressure low.
5. Reduce coughing in case of bronchitis:
- By clearing the airways.
- Beneficial for patients with chronic bronchitis.
6. Take care of your skin for a deep cleansing:
- By opening pores and removing toxins from the skin through perspiration.
- By improving the elasticity of the skin.
- By fighting skin problems in this way. Your skin is softer, brighter and firmer.
- A sauna session does not dry out the skin.
7. Provide a purifying and detoxifying effect:
- Sweating removes toxins that have accumulated in the body.
- Cleans and purifies the body (kidney and liver).
- Anti-cellulite effect. The sauna does not make you lose weight, but can be incorporated as part of a diet.
Myths Surrounding Sauna Risks
There is no risk to sauna use for healthy adults, children and the elderly, except in cases of:
- Skin problems, such as rosacea, rosacea or psoriasis,
- Anhidrosis, severe aortic stenosis or unstable angina,
- Recent myocardial infarction or transient or non-transient stroke, until the condition is stabilized,
- Cardiac arrhythmias and heart failure,
- Varicose veins,
- Inflammatory disease.
If you have any doubts, do not hesitate to contact your doctor. Only a health professional will be able to provide you with an adapted answer according to your questions.
Now that you know all the health benefits of a sauna session, are you ready to take the plunge?
Do you have any further questions? Contact us for more information!