Did you know?
Category : Improve
We all know the pool, but do you really know its origin and all its secrets?
Learn new things about the pool, spa or sauna!
- What is the deepest swimming pool in the world?
- NEMO Pool
- Deep-Joy Pool
Since 2014, the Y-40 pool, called "Deep Joy", has been the deepest pool: 42.5 metres. It is located near Padua, Italy. This pool contains more than 4000 cubic meters of water are maintained between 32 and 34 °C. The NEMO 33 pool, located in Brussels, Belgium, held the record for the deepest pool before the construction of the Deep-Joy pool. It had a depth of 35 meters. Impressive!
- In your opinion, how much time of sport in the water is equivalent to 1h30 of gym on the ground?
- 1 hour
- 30 minutes
A 30-minute session allows you to work the leg muscles (thighs, calves, buttocks) but also the abdominal and back muscles. Cycling in the water is a pleasant exercise, much softer than cycling indoors or outdoors. Resistance adjustment allows everyone to manage their effort according to their physical condition or the objectives to be achieved: get back in shape, slim, tone, muscle, reshape, or simply feel good, relaxed and in a good mood!
Aquabiking is a fitness technique accessible to all, suitable for experienced athletes as well as for people who wish to resume physical activity, overweight or convalescing people, pregnant women and seniors.
- The milky aspect of pool water is due to a presence:
- Of copper
- Of limestone
The water line is particularly prone to limescale deposits that retain fatty deposits and algae. To get clear water:
- Check the stabilizer rate, if it is higher than 75mg/L, drain part of the basin.
- Check the pH of the water, and set it at 7.0
- Carry out an anti-limestone treatment: 1L/10m3
- Leave the filtration running continuously 24 hours a day for 48 hours, rubbing the water line regularly
- In case of persistent problems, carry out shock treatment
More information on our Acti website
- At what temperature should a cleaning robot not be used, in general?
- Below 5° C
- Below 15° C
Pool robots are designed for use in water temperatures from 15 to 35°C. Below 15° is not recommended. The low water temperature could shrink the plastic and cause water infiltration, which will weaken the robot's engine block, creating irreversible damage. The minimum operating temperature may vary depending on your robot. Indeed, tropicalized robots can withstand temperatures up to 5°. Refer to the instructions to be sure.
- Which European country has the largest number of private swimming pools?
France has nearly 2.5 million private swimming pools in 2018 and ranks 1st on the market in Europe according to figures compiled by the Federation of Pool Professionals (FPP). Thus, there are 1.3 million in-ground pools and 1.2 million above-ground pools in France. France ranks second in the world after the USA
Amazing, isn't it?
- The ideal pH of the water should be between:
- 6.5 and 7
- 7 and 7.4
Checking the pH of your pool or spa water is essential to have beautiful and healthy water. The pH should ideally be between 7 and 7.4. If the pH is too far from this level, here is what happens:
- Discomfort of swimmers (irritating to skin, eyes, mucous membranes)
- Premature corrosion of equipment
- Promotes the appearance of algae
- Decreases the effectiveness of the disinfectant (chlorine/bromine)
- Decreases the efficiency of the flocculant
The factors that move the pH are:
- The changing outdoor temperature,
- A higher number of visitors to the basin,
- External factors of pollution...
Many products allow you to balance your water to prevent it from becoming cloudy, milky, greenish... Learn More at Acti Chemical.
- Who is the inventor of the SPA?
- Roy Jacuzzi
- Kanneth Spa
The SPA was created by Roy Jacuzzi at the very beginning of the 20th century. He made several inventions: a new generation propeller, an irrigation pump for farmers, a hot air fan... When one of his children suffers from very painful arthritis, Roy Jacuzzi found an invention to reproduce the effects of hydrotherapy and designed a jet pump. A member of the next generation continues on the same path, and develops large baths with a heating system. It is from there that the improvements are made gradually until they reach the Jacuzzi.
At what temperature does the wintering of a swimming pool end?
- 12 degrees
- 14 degrees
It is necessary to restart your pool when the water temperature has reached 12 degrees.
For more information on restarting or wintering your pool, see our article.
- What is the origin of the word swimming pool?
From the Latin piscis which means fish
From the Latin piscinae which means swimming pool
The origin of the word comes from Latin: "piscis" which means fish. The origin of the word comes from its first use. Indeed, in ancient times, the Romans fed and maintained fish in these water reserves, known as "ponds". It was only in the 18th century that the term "swimming" appeared. Pools were created in the 19th century so that the pool could become a place for swimming and playing. Private swimming pools appeared in the 20th century.